• Select a School
  • Language

Nurse's Page

High School Nurse:  Lindsay McDonald

Welcome to the High School Health Room  

I am available: Monday - Friday  from 7:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.

Contact me:  [email protected] 

Or call: 316.755.7040

School Based Health Clinic/District Nurse:  Robyn Friederich

Contact me to schedule an appointment: [email protected]

Or call:  316.755.7126

The School Based Health Clinic (SBHC) is available to all students and staff of USD#262, including family members of USD#262 employees. The following services/ care are accessible through the clinic: immunizations, school physicals, sports physicals, new employee health assessments and TB skin tests, concussion evaluation/ clearance, illness, depression and anxiety screening, and more. The SBHC is able to provide rapid strep and flu testing, blood lab testing, urine analysis, and x-rays on site. 

Summer is a great time to get physicals and vaccinations out of the way!

May is a great time to make doctor’s appointments for any immunizations needed for the upcoming school year. Also, if your child has asthma, diabetes, severe allergies, seizures or other health issues requiring nursing intervention at school, please have your doctor fill out a nursing care plan while you are there. Children who are asthmatic and wish to carry their inhaler on their person, also need doctor’s permission (form can be downloaded off usd262 website, under “Health Services” and scroll down to “Medication Form”).

Please bring in your pink cards from summer Dental appointments also!

Medication Forms

Prescription Medications: The Request to Administer Medication form will need to be signed by the parent/guardian and the MD/Health Care Provider before the medication can be given by the School Nurse. Once the form is completed by the parent/guardian I can fax it to the MD/Health Care provider's office for signature if needed.

OTC (Over-The-Counter): The Request to Administer Medication form will need to be completed by the parent/guardian only. Doctor's signature is not required for OTC meds.

Along with the completed Request to Administer Medication form, the medication will need to be provided by the parent/guardian in the original container, this is for all OTC (Over-The-Counter) and Prescriptions medications. This will need to be done before any medication can be given at the school.


Health Links

First Aid/Safety

RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation